Eyelash extensions require very gentle care in order for the lashes to last long and stay in good condition. You should read and understand all the information listed below and sign the consent forms before you get this service done.
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are individual synthetic material. Each lash is attached to your natural eyelash and not to the skin. It is a very enhancing beauty service and you DO NOT need to use any mascara while wearing these eyelash extensions. It is a very careful and intense service which requires skill and precision. If you decide that you must use mascara, use only water based mascara. Other mascaras will break down the glue causing your extensions to fall off sooner.
How long do the Eyelashes last?
It is an individual process. We lose 1 – 4 eyelashes every day. We also grow a new lash to replace the one that fell out. These lashes can stay on up to a full month with proper care and maintenance. However, factors such as lash growth, lifestyle and general after care will affect how long the lashes last. Please do not attempt to remove any lashes on your own. WE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY CAUSE BY TRYING TO REMOVE THE EYELASH EXTENSIONS ON YOUR OWN.
Do the extensions damage my natural eyelashes?
No, not at all! The lash adhesive is formulated to create a solid bond, specifically for human lashes. The adhesive dries very soft on the lashes, allowing the lashes to stay flexible and bouncy just like your own lashes.
What should I do before the appointment?
Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil free cleanser. If you are a contact lens wearer, please remove contact lenses and wear glasses to your appointment. You may also bring a lens case and remove them when you arrive at your appointment. Plan to set aside 1 to 2.5 hours for your appointment.
What should I do for after care?
- Do not perm or tint lashes before or after lash extension application.
- Do not use a regular eyelash curler to curl extensions.
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the eyes with a wash cloth.
- Do not pull your lash extensions, as it will take out your own lash as well.
- Do not go in a sauna for at least 48 hrs. Do not get your extensions wet for 24 hrs.
- If you choose to wear mascara – only apply to the tips and use water-based mascara.
- Do not try to remove the extensions on your own. This will harm your natural lashes.
- Do not cut the extensions (you may cut your own lashes).
- Use oil free facial cleanser to clean your eye makeup. Be gentle!
- Never tug, twist, pick or pull at your lashes or extensions.
- Brush and groom your lashes gently with a disposable mascara wand.
- Try to sleep on your back or side, avoid smashing your lashes completely as you sleep.
- When using night creams/serums apply sparingly and blot off excess.
- When you touch your lashes, always use upward, sweeping motions – no side to side rubbing at the lash line.
- Keep your fingers off your lashes! Every time you touch them, you are transferring natural oil and germs.
What happens if a lash should loosen or become dislodged?
Do not pull on the lash. Please contact me to make an appointment to have them removed or replaced to avoid damage to your natural lash. As your natural lashes fall out due to the growth cycle, you will need refills when new lashes grow. At first you may find you need a refill every 3 weeks. As you become accustomed to the extensions and with a little practice maintaining the lashes, the time between refills can be extended to 4 weeks.